Welcome! We are synthetic organic chemists with research interests in catalysis, synthetic methodology, total synthesis, and medicinal chemistry. The primary goal of our research program is to enable the efficient synthesis of complex molecules, thereby expanding the diversity of chemical structures that can be pursued as drug leads. In this way, we are working towards eliminating synthetic considerations as a barrier to the discovery of new therapeutics.
- January 2017 - The group welcomes new postdoc Balaram Raya from the RajanBabu group at Ohio State.
- December 2016 - Six new first-year Ph.D. students have joined the lab! Welcome to Rob Dyer, Philip Hahn, Freddie Johnson, Han Kim, Julie Laudenschlager, and Teresa Rocha!
- October 2016 - Postdoc Daoyong Wang has accepted a position at Formosa Plastics. Congratulations Daoyong!
- July 2016 - Daoyong, Will, and former postdoc Conor's latest work has been published in Organic Letters. Congrats guys!
- June 2016 - Will, Logan, and Isaac's latest work has been accepted at EurJOC. Congrats guys!
- April 2016 - Ph.D. student Will Shuler won first place in the department's third-year poster session. Congratulations, Will!
- February 2016 - Congratulations to second-year Ph.D. student Logan Combee, who passed his candidacy exam!
- February 2016 - Congratulations to undergraduate Isaac Falk, who has won a prestigious Harrison Award to fund his research.