Welcome! We are synthetic organic chemists with research interests in catalysis, synthetic methodology, total synthesis, and medicinal chemistry. The primary goal of our research program is to enable the efficient synthesis of complex molecules, thereby expanding the diversity of chemical structures that can be pursued as drug leads. In this way, we are working towards eliminating synthetic considerations as a barrier to the discovery of new therapeutics.
- July 2016 - Daoyong, Will, and former postdoc Conor's latest work has been published in Organic Letters. Congrats guys!
- June 2016 - Will, Logan, and Isaac's latest work has been accepted at EurJOC. Congrats guys!
- April 2016 - Ph.D. student Will Shuler won first place in the department's third-year poster session. Congratulations, Will!
- February 2016 - Congratulations to second-year Ph.D. student Logan Combee, who passed his candidacy exam!
- February 2016 - Congratulations to undergraduate Isaac Falk, who has won a prestigious Harrison Award to fund his research.
- January 2016 - Undergraduate Rob Dyer joins the lab.
- November 2015 - A warm welcome to first-year Ph.D. student Michael Shoemaker, the newest member of the lab
- November 2015 - Postdoc Conor Pierce has accepted a job at Nalco Champion in Houston, TX. Congratulations, Conor! We will miss you and wish you the best of luck.
- October 2015 - Exciting news for the lab - The ACS Petroleum Research Fund has awarded us a Doctoral New Investigator grant! We will use the funds to design new organocatalysts for selective C–H hydroxylation.