Welcome! We are synthetic organic chemists with research interests in catalysis, synthetic methodology, total synthesis, and medicinal chemistry. The primary goal of our research program is to enable the efficient synthesis of complex molecules, thereby expanding the diversity of chemical structures that can be pursued as drug leads. In this way, we are working towards eliminating synthetic considerations as a barrier to the discovery of new therapeutics.
- December 2017 - Logan, Balaram, and Daoyong's work on site-selective organocatalytic C–H amination has been published in Chemical Science. Congratulations!
- November 2017 - New postdoc Johnathon Dooley joins the lab. Johnathon will be jointly advised with Prof. Hui Li in the Pathology department and will be working on a drug discovery project.
- August 2017 - Will and Freddie's ketone catalyzed oxidations have been published in Organic Letters. Congratulations!
- June 2017 - Big news for the lab - we have been awarded an NIH R01 grant to study organocatalytic C-H functionalization reactions!
- May 2017 - Congratulations to undergraduate Isaac Falk who has now graduated and is headed to Stanford for graduate school in the fall!
- January 2017 - The group welcomes new postdoc Balaram Raya from the RajanBabu group at Ohio State.
- December 2016 - Six new first-year Ph.D. students have joined the lab! Welcome to Rob Dyer, Philip Hahn, Freddie Johnson, Han Kim, Julie Laudenschlager, and Teresa Rocha!
- October 2016 - Postdoc Daoyong Wang has accepted a position at Formosa Plastics. Congratulations Daoyong!