Welcome! We are synthetic organic chemists with research interests in catalysis, synthetic methodology, total synthesis, and medicinal chemistry. The primary goal of our research program is to enable the efficient synthesis of complex molecules, thereby expanding the diversity of chemical structures that can be pursued as drug leads. In this way, we are working towards eliminating synthetic considerations as a barrier to the discovery of new therapeutics.
- March 2018 - Rob and Philip's N-heteroarene oxidation work has been published in Organic Letters. Congratulations!
- February 2018 - Welcome to undergraduate researchers Ryan Gates and Ben Short!
- January 2018 - The lab (along with collaborators) has received a grant from the Ivy Biomedical Innovation fund to research new treatments for glioblastoma.
- December 2017 - Logan, Balaram, and Daoyong's work on site-selective organocatalytic C–H amination has been published in Chemical Science. Congratulations!
- November 2017 - New postdoc Johnathon Dooley joins the lab. Johnathon will be jointly advised with Prof. Hui Li in the Pathology department and will be working on a drug discovery project.
- August 2017 - Will and Freddie's ketone catalyzed oxidations have been published in Organic Letters. Congratulations!
- June 2017 - Big news for the lab - we have been awarded an NIH R01 grant to study organocatalytic C-H functionalization reactions!
- May 2017 - Congratulations to undergraduate Isaac Falk who has now graduated and is headed to Stanford for graduate school in the fall!